More than 12 years ago, Le Grand Vallon golf course adopted a new environmental policy to guide its operations and became a forerunner in the industry, in introducing green practices for course maintenance. Le Grand Vallon is a proud member of the American organization Audubon that provides internationally certifications for sustainable development implications. The course received this season its step one certification of six stages, which it expects to complete by fall 2012.
The Audubon organization requires supporting evidences including photographs, maps and documented plans from its members to demonstrate their commitment in environmental management:
- Environnemental Planning [Step 1 : Completed]
- Wild life and Habitat Management [Step 2]
- Chemical Use Reduction and Safety [Step 3]
- Water Conservation [Step 4]
- Water Quality Management [Step 5]
- Outreach and Education [Step 6]
Recognizing environmental manager among its highest priorities, our team is presently working hard to complete the entire certification, including the 6 steps, by fall 2012.
FIRST TERRAIN CERTIFIED “PARTROIS”
BY THE QUEBEC GOLF COURSE ASSOCIATION
In August, Le Grand Vallon golf course also received the ParTrois certification, with a mention of the 3rd level classification, which means that the course reached the top level in its evaluation towards sustainable development. This new program has been conceived to orientate golfers among the large golf course option available in Québec. More conscious, they will choose a destination that fits their values and philosophy.
IMPPECCABLE CONDITIONS UNTIL OCTOBER 10
Enjoy the end of the season with a beautiful golf escape at Mont-Sainte-Anne!
- Swinging Colors Packages, starting at $127*
Includes: lodging for one night, one golf round and a bonus of $40 value - one choice between those 3 options:
- Free Callaway high performance equipment rental;
- Free access to the panoramic gondola, including a drink at the golf club house;
- Free beer and natchos plate at The Anecdote. *Conditions may apply.